    SubjectRe: [patch 2.6.10-rc3 1/4] agpgart: allow multiple backends to be initialized
    On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 09:17:14AM -0800, Mike Werner wrote:
    > > The agp_bridge_find function pointer is bogus, that way you can only support
    > > one backend at a time.
    > Obviously you mean one type of backend here.
    > I have tried to simplify this patch as much as possible so that it only tries to do one thing
    > and that is just the api change. I think the searching for valid bridges is a separate issue
    > since none of the currently supported hardware needs it. The only possible platform
    > that I assumed might is amd64 and Andi Kleen specifically told me it doesn't.

    I agree that it's a separate issue. So keep the function poniter out for
    the time beeing and we can discuss it last.

    > I don't agree that you *must* pass the agp_bridge_data pointer for every method.
    > You don't need it for bind/unbind/free if you associate each memory region
    > allocated using agp_allocate_memory(bridge,...) with a particular bridge
    > which is what the patch does. That is, agp_memory knows which bridge it belongs to.

    Yes, agreed. But you need to pass the agp_bridge_data to each function in
    some way.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.023 / U:31.968 seconds]