    SubjectRe: cifs large write performance improvements to Samba
    On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 10:58:07AM -0800, Hans Reiser wrote:
    > Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
    >

    > >>I have not seen anyone
    > >>doing that on Linux in an automated fashion (e.g running iozone
    > >>automated every time a new 2.6.x.rc on a half a dozen of the fs - simply
    > >>to verify that things had not gotten drastically worse on a particular
    > >>fs due to a bug or sideffect of a global VFS change).
    > >>

    > >Yes, we definately need that.
    > >

    > Andrew Morton is saying that iozone does things real apps don't do, that
    > is, it dirties mmap'd pages enough to swamp the machine.
    >
    > Do you guys agree or disagree with that?
    >
    > Reiser4 needs iozone optimization work which we haven't bothered with yet.

    I'm not really familiar with iozone's behaviour, sorry.

    Steve, Andrew?

    PS: Yep, another important part (to me at least) of all this automated performance
    testing effort is a detailed understanding of the tests being performed.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.023 / U:160.544 seconds]