    SubjectRe: kernel BUG at mm/rmap.c:480 in 2.6.10-rc3-bk7
    On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 04:19:12PM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
    > On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 11:26:48PM +0000, Hugh Dickins wrote:
    > > One case that's easy to explain: if it was preceded (perhaps hours
    > > earlier) by a "Bad page state" message and stacktrace, referring to
    > > the same page (in ecx, edx, ebp in your dump), which showed non-zero
    > > mapcount, then this is an after-effect of bad_page resetting mapcount.
    > > And the real problem was probably a double free, which bad_page noted,
    > > but carried on regardless. Worth checking your logs for, let us know,
    > > but there have been several reports where that's definitely not so.
    > Nope, nothing like that in my logs, sorry.
    > > I presume this was just a one-off? If you can repeat it from time to
    > > time, I'll try to devise some printk'ing to shed more light.
    > I'll try to see if I can reproduce it. If so, I'll let you know.

    Yes, I can duplicate it easily now:
    - running X with drm and the radeon driver
    - start a gish game up in 640x480 mode and start the initial
    - as the laptop just can't handle the cpu demands of this
    program, everything runs way too slow.
    - switch back to the console that I started X up on and hit
    - X dies, and the kernel oops happens.

    And yes, it does only show up when I'm using drm/agp for me, as this is
    the only way I've ever seen this error. I can't really even get gish to
    start up without drm, but I guess I could try to see if I can do that
    later tonight.

    Any testing you want me to do?

    Oh, and this also happens on 2.6.10-rc3-bk8.

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.021 / U:62.500 seconds]