    SubjectRe: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.10-rc3-mm1-V0.7.33-0

    * Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org> wrote:

    > > > [RFC]
    > > >
    > > > Ingo,
    > > >
    > > > Any thought about adding a one shot timer for the system?
    > > >

    > > Isn't this what George Anzinger is working on?
    > >
    > > http://sourceforge.net/projects/high-res-timers/
    > >
    > > Lee
    > >

    > A quick look at this looks like this is what I was looking for. I'd
    > need to review the code in a more detailed aspect but first glance,
    > Yes, this is what I want.
    >
    > Now, since High Res-timers and RT seem to go together, what are the
    > plans for merging these? If this is indeed what I need, then I'll be
    > doing it to myself, [...]

    i've been thinking about it on and off. If you would/could try it that
    would certainly help. RT for Linux is a dance of many small steps.

    the two projects are obviously complementary and i have no intention to
    reinvent the wheel in any way. Best would be to bring hires timers up to
    upstream-mergable state (independently of the -RT patch) and ask Andrew
    to include it in -mm, then i'd port -RT to it automatically.

    Ingo

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:4.030 / U:0.104 seconds]