    SubjectRe: ide-cd problem revisited - more brainpower needed
    On Friday 10 December 2004 23:14, Alan Cox wrote:
    > On Gwe, 2004-12-10 at 21:32, Alan Chandler wrote:
    > > All the above output is a result of the command (as root) using linux
    > > 2.6.10-rc2 (with acpi turned off to avoid that bug)·
    > Is local apic enabled ?

    I don't understand what you mean

    > > So what do I do next? Why would the hardware work this way - is it a bug
    > > in the firmware?, is there a subtle timing problem causing interrupts to
    > > re-enter... should I just junk the hardware and start again? Help!
    > A purely armwaving guess of the moment is that if the IRQ routing is
    > confused over edge versus level trigger then you would see extra
    > interrupts. Does the drive work in another PC (I forget if you tried
    > that)

    I am doing all this at home on a personal level, so I am somewhat restricted.

    My normal CDRW machine is an Athlon 2100+ running on an Elite K7S5A

    I have a server running Celeron 1.7G and PlatiniX (Intel 845 Chipset)
    motherboard. I moved the CDRW over to it and tried it. I didn't have time to
    build a special version of the system for it, and its running debian sarge
    with It failed to work, the symptoms were similar but slightly

    Alan Chandler
    then they fight you, then you win. --Gandhi

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.019 / U:93.656 seconds]