    SubjectRe: ide-cd problem revisited - more brainpower needed
    Date
    On Friday 10 December 2004 23:14, Alan Cox wrote:
    > On Gwe, 2004-12-10 at 21:32, Alan Chandler wrote:
    > > All the above output is a result of the command (as root) using linux
    > > 2.6.10-rc2 (with acpi turned off to avoid that bug)·
    >
    > Is local apic enabled ?

    I don't understand what you mean

    > > So what do I do next? Why would the hardware work this way - is it a bug
    > > in the firmware?, is there a subtle timing problem causing interrupts to
    > > re-enter... should I just junk the hardware and start again? Help!
    >
    > A purely armwaving guess of the moment is that if the IRQ routing is
    > confused over edge versus level trigger then you would see extra
    > interrupts. Does the drive work in another PC (I forget if you tried
    > that)

    I am doing all this at home on a personal level, so I am somewhat restricted.

    My normal CDRW machine is an Athlon 2100+ running on an Elite K7S5A
    motherboard.

    I have a server running Celeron 1.7G and PlatiniX (Intel 845 Chipset)
    motherboard. I moved the CDRW over to it and tried it. I didn't have time to
    build a special version of the system for it, and its running debian sarge
    with 2.6.8.1. It failed to work, the symptoms were similar but slightly
    different.

    --
    Alan Chandler
    alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk