SubjectRe: ide-cd problem revisited - more brainpower needed
On Friday 10 December 2004 23:14, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Gwe, 2004-12-10 at 21:32, Alan Chandler wrote:
> > All the above output is a result of the command (as root) using linux
> > 2.6.10-rc2 (with acpi turned off to avoid that bug)·
> Is local apic enabled ?

I don't understand what you mean

> > So what do I do next? Why would the hardware work this way - is it a bug
> > in the firmware?, is there a subtle timing problem causing interrupts to
> > re-enter... should I just junk the hardware and start again? Help!
> A purely armwaving guess of the moment is that if the IRQ routing is
> confused over edge versus level trigger then you would see extra
> interrupts. Does the drive work in another PC (I forget if you tried
> that)

I am doing all this at home on a personal level, so I am somewhat restricted.

My normal CDRW machine is an Athlon 2100+ running on an Elite K7S5A

I have a server running Celeron 1.7G and PlatiniX (Intel 845 Chipset)
motherboard. I moved the CDRW over to it and tried it. I didn't have time to
build a special version of the system for it, and its running debian sarge
with It failed to work, the symptoms were similar but slightly
Alan Chandler
then they fight you, then you win. --Gandhi