SubjectRe: [RFC] Splitting kernel headers and deprecating __KERNEL__
Date
Followup to:  <20041201114622.GB4876@linux-mips.org>
By author: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

> The concept of copying kernel headers into applications is even worse
> when arch portability is affected. I stopped counting how often I had
> to fix that kind of crap - and the state of kernel headers and userspace
> kernel header packages is really provoking that kind of mess.

Indeed. The major reason why we need the kernel to export its own ABI
information is because there are at my last counting 18 architectures
running stock Linux, and each one of them has *at least* one ABI, and
they're all different.

-hpa

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.098 / U:0.612 seconds]