Subjectfilesystem/kernel programmer needed for reiser4/low latency work in S.F. Bay Area (you must already have a right to work in the USA)
Pay is quite good by free software standards, and depends on level of
experience.

I have a US customer who needs work done that involves figuring out why
the kernel/filesystem/hard drive adds pauses that cause video glitches.
This is much deeper and harder than you would guess, and involves
elevator work, filesystem work, vm work, working hand-in-hand with disk
drive vendors to do things I can't talk about here yet, etc. There may
be work involving block allocators optimized for streaming media,
resizer work, repacker work, etc.

Your job will be to take as much of this task away from me (Hans Reiser)
as you can. You will be working with Alexander Zarochentcev and
Vladimir Saveliev, two highly experienced linux kernel programmers, who
will be sending you patches to apply and you will be testing and
refining the patches (they can't get visas, and I need to work on a
darpa project....). The extent to which you do more than just apply
their patches and test the result will depend on your skills. I will be
closely supervising your work and providing guidance. If we can find
someone senior for this job we will hire him, but chances are that we
will find someone junior with potential, and make a longterm investment
in his training.

Applicants for the job should read about reiser4 at www.namesys.com, and
be persons who would like to contribute to that work. The most
important criterion will be whether you can show us well structured code
you have written.

Hans Reiser
Namesys
www.namesys.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.047 / U:0.952 seconds]