SubjectRe: Announcing - document collection project
On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 09:01:30AM -0800, Timothy D. Witham wrote:

> In an email conversation with Alan Cox and Andrew Morton I was
> asked if OSDL could create a repository for old non-NDA manuals.
>
> I agreed that this sort of old copyrighted but never to be reprinted
> documentation needs a home and even thought some said it was
> a monster it looked like a nice little bunny to me so .....

Thanks, this has the makings of something really useful.

One comment. Links to external documentation (like the AGP
reference for eg) has the potential to 'disappear', making
this resource no better than a collection of bookmarks.

A true repository would have the actual documents, though
I understand this may mean talking with the copyright holder(s).

Dave

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.053 / U:0.160 seconds]