>>>Now, that's fine - the USB merge is likely to be ok, so try doing
>>> bk undo -a1.2462

i did so, 1.2463 went away, building as usual - but the oops resists :(

> for now i appreciate your work here but i have to postpone the the "bk
> revtool" stuff because i have no X _and_ bk here. (but i'm a good student
> and will do my homework) progress...

>>> bk set -n -d -r1.2462 -r1.2463 | bk -R prs -h -d'<:P:@:HOST:>\n$each(:C:){\t(:C:)\n}\n' -
>>>which is black magic that does a set operation and shows all the changes
>>>in between the sets of "bk at 1.2462" and "bk at 1.2463".

hm, i guess this has to wait now.

>>>Looking at the list (appended), I don't see anything obvious, but hey, if
>>>it was obvious it wouldn't have been merged in the first place.

yes, i'll look for changes regarding PCI. i've started to compile the -bk
snapshots too. there i can do less wrong things. when i have the "bad" -bk
snapshot i'll use "bk" itself again to find the detailed change leading to
the oops.

i hope to get another machine with a another es1371 tomorrow and see if
the error is reproduceable.

PS: i've taken linux-sound and alsa-devel from CC.
- --
BOFH excuse #74:

You're out of memory
Version: GnuPG v1.2.5 (GNU/Linux)