SubjectKVM ps mouse wheel problems
Hi all,

I have a 2.6.9 kernel (downloaded from kernel.org) for a computer I put
together. (Tyan motherboard with 2 Athlon MPs). I have a logitech
wireless USB mouse plugged into a miniview ps/2 KVM switch (with the
supplied USB to ps/2 converter), with the miniview KVM switch connected
to the ps/2 port of the computer. I'm running on a Debian system and
the problem also exists with the debian 2.6.9 k7 smp build.

The problem: it seems that when I use the mouse wheel, the button 2 and
3 are randomly clicked, and is very annoying. The scrolling still works
but I'm getting noise that seems to cause the other buttons to click.

Some trouble shooting: With the same setup, the 2.4 kernels work with no
problem. With the 2.6.9 kernels, it also works whether I hook the
logitech mouse straight to the USB port or to the ps/2 port through the
converter. So it seems that the problem is between the KVM switch and
the 2.6.9 kernel.

I've googled and found problems where the problem occurs after a switch
and the wheel mouse stops functioning. This is not my problem. This
happens without a switch, and the wheel mouse works but I seem to get
some noise that causes these extra clicks. If I slowly wheel the mouse
upwards, then the button 2 always clicks (not the wheel mouse button,
but the one to the right of it).

Also note that with the ps/2 connected directly, I get in the logs
"ImExPS/2 Logitech Explorer Mouse on isa0060/serio1"
through the KVM I get:
"ImExPS/2 Generic Explorer Mouse on isa0060/serio1"

Any ideas?

I'm working on a new system and I am just rejoining the list. Since my
email doesn't match my real address I must first be approved. I
wouldn't usually ask this, but if you reply, could you please CC me at
rostedt at goodmis dot org. (so much spam, I'm trying to save myself).

Thanks in advance!

--
Steven Rostedt
Senior Engineer