SubjectRE: patch for sysfs in the cyclades driver
> From: Marcelo Tosatti
> The problem was class_simple only contains the "dev" attribute. You
can't
> add other attributes to it.

Ah, that changes everything.

The entire reason Germano and I were chasing down this option,
was so we could export various "tty" statistic files out to below
each respective tty name in /sys/class/tty

If its currently not possible to add more attributes to the simple
class,
then we are probably going down the wrong avenue here, at least for now.

Greg,
I know you are a very busy person...
Is making a "tty class" even in the cards for 2.6, or is it scheduled
for 2.7+ ?

Germano,
I still hate doing it, and I know it is against the "1 value per file in
sys" rule,
but for now I think exporting the values to the "card" directory with
each file
containing the value as a list of ports, 1 per line, might be the best
option
to work with here, at least until the "tty class" gets developed.

Scott Kilau
Digi International

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.021 / U:0.060 seconds]