    SubjectRe: patch for sysfs in the cyclades driver
    On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 11:09:08AM -0200, Germano wrote:
    > Hi
    > I will have to study again the code I tried first (it was long ago), but
    > the main problem was that due to that class be (somehow) derived from
    > class_simple, I can one export using it the major and minor numbers for
    > the device. Tosatti, maybe you can complete my answer with details,
    > since it was you that advised me about this limitation.
    > However, this was some time ago (kernel 2.6.7 was going to be released),
    > and I didn't check how much sysfs for the tty drivers has changed since
    > them. If I can attach this data (signalling states) to the port, it
    > would be very preferable than attaching to the board as me and Scott are
    > trying. Even because his advise about the possibility of my patch be
    > overwritting one channel data with other's make a lot of sense and I
    > will have to test it (I'm grateful for you, Scott).

    The problem was class_simple only contains the "dev" attribute. You can't
    add other attributes to it.

    The correct thing should be to create "class_tty" with all necessary attributes
    (speed, data transferred, etc).

    But thats not a v2.6 thing I believe.

    I talked to Greg about this at the time and he agreed we need a "class_tty"

    > Cheers :)
    > Germano
    > On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 02:51:33PM -0600, Kilau, Scott wrote:
    > > > I know you have done work on USB serial drivers with devices with
    > > > multiple ports...
    > > > Is there any way to create a file in sys that can point back to a port,
    > > > and NOT the port's
    > > > parent (ie, the board) WITHOUT having to create a new kobject per port?
    > What's wrong with the kobject in /sys/class/tty/ which has one object
    > per port? I think we might not be exporting that class_device
    > structure, but I would not have a problem with doing that.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.021 / U:98.384 seconds]