    SubjectRe: [RFC] Splitting kernel headers and deprecating __KERNEL__

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004, David Howells wrote:
    > If you did user annotations you'd have to solve the problem of applying it to
    > #defines and still allowing the constants to be used in assembly. Obviously
    > this is not impossible. This is trivial with __KERNEL__ or separation into
    > other files.

    Annotations don't have to be per-entry. It can be something as simple as
    "this particular file is exposed to user space", or "things from here to
    here are exposed to user space".

    And while automation is good, sometimes automation isn't even worth it. I
    suspect it might be good just to _comment_ the structures we expose to
    user space, even if it's never used for anything but as a note to tell
    people not to change it.

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.018 / U:33.100 seconds]