SubjectRE: patch for sysfs in the cyclades driver
Hi Greg, all,

> What's wrong with the kobject in /sys/class/tty/ which has one object
> per port? I think we might not be exporting that class_device
> structure, but I would not have a problem with doing that.
> greg k-h

Using the simple class tty kobject that tty_io.c keeps might work for my
needs.

However, there is one thing that stopped me from using it earlier...

The naming of the directory (tty name) in /sys/class/tty is forced to
be:
"sprintf(p, "%s%d", driver->name, index + driver->name_base);"

Is it possible we could change this to be more relaxed about the naming
scheme?

Maybe we can allow a "custom" name to be sent into the
tty_register_device() call?
Like add another option parameter called "custom_name" that if non-NULL,
is used instead of the derived name?

Scott Kilau
Digi International