    SubjectRe: [lkdump-develop] Re: [ANNOUNCE 0/7] Diskdump 1.0 Release
    Hi,

    I am a developer of an yet another crash dump (mkdump).
    I'd like to know conditions which cause taking dump fail.
    It is helpful to share those informations for dump developers.

    I have three major concerns about taking dump.
    * interrupt disable
    taking dump should be run under interrput disable.
    diskdump is aware of that. How about kexec based dump ?
    * avoid deadlock
    taking dump should not get any locks to avoid deadlock. (?)
    I think there are many posibility of deadlock in the kexec
    based dump (from crash occur to initiate the new kernel).
    (mkdump does not meet neither yet. :-p)
    * be sure to get the other CPUs' register value
    How are the other CPUs' regsiter value get and how are the
    other CPUs stoped ?
    (of course the goal of mkdump is to solve these points
    although not implemented yet :-)

    Any other points to be consider ?
    Comments and suggestions are welcome.

    Thank you.