    SubjectRe: Accessing a process structure in the processes link list
    A M <> writes:

    > Would it be possible for a program running as root
    > that wasn't compiled with the kernel to access a
    > process structure in the processes link list?

    Yes, but see below.

    > I've read an article about hiding processes and the
    > article made sound so easy to access the link list and
    > hide a process, how easy is it?

    You need read access to /dev/kmem and a fairly intimate knowledge of
    the kernel data structures in question.

    > Is it possible to a process to access its own entry in
    > the processes link list?

    Not without read access to the kmem device...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.019 / U:18.424 seconds]