SubjectRe: Suspend 2 merge: 49/51: Checksumming
Hi.

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 10:56, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > A plugin for verifying the consistency of an image. Working with kdb, it
> > can look up the locations of variations. There will always be some
> > variations shown, simply because we're touching memory before we get
> > here and as we check the image.
>
> Debugging code, can live as external patch pretty well.

Doesn't most of the kernel have debugging code in it? Maybe not as much,
but most of the kernel isn't doing the same thing. Remember we have the
option of compiling it out. If it lives as a separate patch, we're just
making more work for me (I have to maintain the debug version and then
make some transformation on it to get the mainline version).

By the way, I'm really appreciating your interaction over all these
points. I was getting worried that I wasn't getting enough. I should say
now, too, that I'm away all weekend, so you won't get replies tomorrow
and the day after.

Thanks and regards,

Nigel
--
Nigel Cunningham
Pastoral Worker

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ
died for the ungodly. -- Romans 5:6

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.730 / U:0.392 seconds]