SubjectRe: Suspend 2 merge: 10/51: Exports for suspend built as modules.
Hi.

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 05:07, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > The sys_ functions are exported because a while ago, people suggested I
> > use /dev/console to output text that doesn't need to be logged, and I
> > also use /dev/splash for the bootsplash support. These functions were
>
> Well, we don't do ascii-art on kernel boot and I do not see why we should do it
> on suspend. Distributions will love bootsplash integration, but it should stay as a separate
> patch.

It's modular, so no problem there.

> See swsusp1... it has percentage printing, and I think it should
> be possible to make it look good enough.

We can always make a tex_ mode_for_Pavel plugin :>

> Why do you need sys_mkdir?

The text mode plugin is using it to make /dev (if it doesn't exist) so
it can try to mount devfs (if necessary) and open /dev/console to do the
output. I'd love to just use vt_console_print, but those who know better
then me said to use /dev/console...

Regards,

Nigel
--
Nigel Cunningham
Pastoral Worker

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ
died for the ungodly. -- Romans 5:6

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans