    SubjectRe: Suspend 2 merge: 10/51: Exports for suspend built as modules.
    Hi.

    On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 05:07, Pavel Machek wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > > The sys_ functions are exported because a while ago, people suggested I
    > > use /dev/console to output text that doesn't need to be logged, and I
    > > also use /dev/splash for the bootsplash support. These functions were
    >
    > Well, we don't do ascii-art on kernel boot and I do not see why we should do it
    > on suspend. Distributions will love bootsplash integration, but it should stay as a separate
    > patch.

    It's modular, so no problem there.

    > See swsusp1... it has percentage printing, and I think it should
    > be possible to make it look good enough.

    We can always make a tex_ mode_for_Pavel plugin :>

    > Why do you need sys_mkdir?

    The text mode plugin is using it to make /dev (if it doesn't exist) so
    it can try to mount devfs (if necessary) and open /dev/console to do the
    output. I'd love to just use vt_console_print, but those who know better
    then me said to use /dev/console...

    Regards,

    Nigel
    --
    Nigel Cunningham
    Pastoral Worker

    You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ
    died for the ungodly. -- Romans 5:6

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:4.080 / U:0.120 seconds]