SubjectRe: Licensing question
Pavel Fedin wrote:
> Hello!
> I'm a member of AROS team (http://www.aros.org) and i'd like to ask for a permission to use parts of Linux source code (small parts) in developing this system. It is licensed under APL (http://www.aros.org/license.html) so i need a permission. I don't know where to ask for it so i ask here.
> Currently i use a little part of ide-cd driver and its includes.

From your license page, I can see that the license is based on the MPL
(Mozilla public license). If you check:

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html

the MPL is listed as a GPL incompatible license.

This means that either the APL solves the issues of the MPL so that it
is GPL compatible, or you have to ask the original authors permission to
use their code (which is usually complicated because there are usually a
lot of them...)

--
Paulo Marques - www.grupopie.com

Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)