Subjectframebuffer problem on a PowerMac 7300
Date
I have a PowerMac 7300
kernel 2.6.8 works fine on this computer
kernel 2.6.9 does not work

I have the same problem that John Mock has with his PowerMac 8500...
framebuffer does not work with 2.6.9 (everything is black with a few thin
diagonal lines of dots and dashes)... this is with the onboard video
(controlfb driver).
With a Matrox Millenium PCI card (matroxfb driver), I get something on the
screen but except for the little Tux in the corner, all characters on the
screen are corrupted...

it works fine with 2.6.8 kernel with both drivers

I tried with 2.6.10-rc2-bk8 (that I got on kernel.org) and I have the same
problem...

Because frame buffer does not work, I can not boot this computer... it
does not respond to ping when I have this problem...

I did not try any pre-2.6.9 kernel, so I do not know where it stops to work.

I am not a programmer, so I can not offer any code to fix this problem...
but if can test some kernel patches to get this problem fixed, I will be
happy to do it.

sorry, I did not reply to the original message sent by John Mock, because
I was not subscribed to this mailing list when he sent his message...