SubjectRe: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.10-rc2-mm2-V0.7.30-2

* Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@rncbc.org> wrote:

> > great. I now suspect that some of the xrun problems Rui was observing on
> > -RT kernel could be (positively) affected by these fixes too.
> >

> Just made some test-runs with RT-V0.7.30-2, with my jackd-R +
> 8*fluidsynth benchmark on my laptop (P4/UP), and the results don't
> seem to be eligible to the hall of fame, at least when compared with
> RT-0.7.7 as the ones I last posted here a few weeks ago.
>
> I hate to say this, but the XRUN rate has increased since RT-0.7.7,
> and the maximum scheduling delay reported by jackd has also degraded
> to 1000 usecs (was around 600 usecs).

well, life would be too easy if two bugs were fixed at once ;) These
were nodebug runs, right? Could you give me a description of the precise
commands of how you started jackd and fluidsyth (and their versions) -
so that i could try to reproduce & debug your setup. It is certainly a
complex scheduling scenario.

(perhaps with a link to the .sf2 and .mid files you used, if they are
public - or whether it's fine if i use the VintageDreamsWaves-v2.sf2
sound-fonts that comes with fluidsynth plus a random .mid file from the
net?)

> OTOH, there's another thing: I don't seem to be able to build an
> initrd image under the latest RT kernels. Something related to the
> loopback device. When trying to run mkinitrd it stalls, somewhere
> under this process:
>
> mount -t ext2 /root/tmp/initrd.img /root/tmp/initrd.mnt -o loop

Do you know when this started, roughly?

Ingo

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.358 / U:1.128 seconds]