    SubjectRe: ptrace single-stepping change breaks Wine
    On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 13:10 -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > I actually broke down and am downloading the latest source tree of wine,
    > let's see if I can find the place you do this.

    The Wine source tree is organised in the same way Windows is, which is
    bizarre and unintuitive but we don't really have much choice. So here
    are the files you'd be looking for.

    this is where signals are converted to SEH exceptions (w-exceptions as
    Eric called them):

    dlls/ntdll/signal_i386.c

    this is where the wineserver does context related things:

    server/context_i386.c

    this is where the server does ptracing:

    server/ptrace.c

    There may be one or two other places that are related, I only ever
    looked at this code to deal with some other copy protection system that
    wasn't happy (not kernels fault though).

    thanks -mike

    --
    Mike Hearn <mh@codeweavers.com>
    Codeweavers, Inc