SubjectRe: ptrace single-stepping change breaks Wine

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Davide Libenzi wrote:
> You know you're sick, don't you? Making traps inc's to get you in the
> correct opcode to move function in edx->fnp, is indeed fruit of a sick
> mind :=)

I prefer "creative" over "sick". It's so much less judgemental.

I thought it was a fun way to illustrate the issue, and I'm sure somebody
had fun trying to figure out what the thing did.

I could have _obfuscated_ the thing if I had wanted to make it hard to
follow, but instead I tried to make it as obvious as possible so that it's
quite clear from reading the code what it actually does.

But imagine hitting that thing without seeing the source code. NOT a lot
of fun to debug, even if the debugger _worked_ on it.