    Subjectcontention on profile_lock
    Hmm, the last patch you sent me worked ok, so I'm not sure why we're seeing
    problems with profiling now. There seems to be very heavy contention on
    profile_lock since profile_hook is called unconditionally every timer tick.
    Should it only be called if profiling is enabled? Is there a way we can
    check the notifier list to see if it's empty before calling it or something?
    The only user appears to be oprofile timer based profiling, so in the general
    case we're taking the profile_lock and not doing anything.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.022 / U:13.512 seconds]