    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] a very tiny /sbin/hotplug
    * Eugene Surovegin (ebs@ebshome.net) wrote:
    > On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 03:14:06PM -0800, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
    > > So, a number of people have complained over the past few years about the
    > > fact that /sbin/hotplug was a shell script. Funny enough, it's the
    > > people on the huge boxes, with huge number of devices that are
    > > complaining, not the embedded people with limited resources (ironic,
    > > isn't it...)
    >
    > This is probably because embedded people don't use hotplug at all :).
    > On dozen different PPC and MIPS boxes I worked on, we never needed
    > this feature.

    I tend to focus on ARM, and find this very useful. I know of a number
    of folks using erik andersen's "diethotplug" (which hasnt been touched
    in some time). I look forward to your further hotplug improvements.
    --
    Chris Larson - kergoth at handhelds dot org
    Linux Software Systems Engineer - clarson at ti dot com