SubjectRe: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.10-rc2-mm1-V0.7.28-0

* Christian Meder <chris@onestepahead.de> wrote:

> after successfully running the last couple of rt patches on my Dell
> Inspiron laptop I thought I'd give it a try on my combined vdr/router
> box which is probably more interesting from a rt point of view. This
> box is bridging wireless/ADSL and working as a digital vdr using the
> kernel DVB-S drivers.
>
> I got the appended logging messages with the appended config. Is
> there anything else I should provide for debugging purposes or are the
> messages just harmless ?

the messages mean that i havent converted the bridge code's RCU locking
to PREEMPT_RT yet. I've done this in the -V0.7.28-2 patch that i've just
uploaded to:

http://redhat.com/~mingo/realtime-preempt/

does bridging work fine with this patch, and if yes, do you get any
(other) warning messages?

Ingo

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans