    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.10-rc2
    Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > Ok, the -rc2 changes are almost as big as the -rc1 changes, and we should
    > now calm down, so I do not want to see anything but bug-fixes until 2.6.10
    > is released. Otherwise we'll never get there.

    I'd like to get included that patch to restore the buffer of memory
    reserved for GFP_ATOMIC allocations (ie. the difference between GFP_KERNEL
    and GFP_ATOMIC allocations).

    It is not actually a regression versus 2.6.9 (it is vs 2.6.8), although I
    think it is responsible for the increased reports of page allocation failures.

    It would be nice to let it have more testing in -mm first, but OTOH if we
    _really_ want it in 2.6.10 it would make sense to merge it ASAP so it can get
    wider testing.

    Any feelings on the matter yet, Andrew? Or were you thinking it would be OK for
    post 2.6.10?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.028 / U:5.340 seconds]