    SubjectRe: [2.6 patch] PCI cleanups
    On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 04:02:03AM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
    > The patch below does some cleanups in the PCI code:
    > - make OSC_UUID in drivers/pci/pci-acpi.c static
    > - remove the completely unused drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp_sysfs.c
    > - remove other unused code
    >
    > Please review which of these changes are correct and which conflict with
    > pending changes.
    >

    > drivers/pci/hotplug/Makefile | 1
    > drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp.h | 3
    > drivers/pci/hotplug/pciehp_sysfs.c | 143 -------------

    Yeah, this can be deleted. Care to make a patch for just this?

    > drivers/pci/msi.c | 301 -----------------------------
    > drivers/pci/msi.h | 1

    These changes are for when drivers want to start taking advantage of
    some MSI features. I've heard rumors that those drivers will be public
    soon, but haven't seen them yet :(

    > drivers/pci/pci-acpi.c | 97 ---------

    This is needed for some upcoming PCI Express changes, and should not be
    dropped. I've seen the code that needs this, but it is still under
    development and isn't ready for mainline yet.

    > drivers/pci/pci.c | 60 -----
    > drivers/pci/rom.c | 52 -----

    These changes are needed by upcoming video driver changes.

    thanks,

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:08    [W:0.021 / U:93.472 seconds]