    SubjectRE: GPL Violation of 'sveasoft' with GPL Linux Kernel/Busybox + code
    On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 15:24 +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
    > As a GPL code provider their duties to you are to the source to the GPL
    > code they gave you binaries for (or other variant options in the
    > license). They end there. I don't have to give your friend a copy, I
    > don't have to give you updates.

    Er, not quite. Unless they accompany the binary with the complete
    machine-readable source code, they're obliged to make the source
    available to any third party, not just to the recipient of the binaries.

    I assume from the "you ask for it and we don't want to talk to you any
    more" that they are not actually including the source with the binaries.
    So you just get your friend to ask for the source, and they must give it
    to him without stopping _your_ updates.

    --
    dwmw2