    SubjectRe: Fchown on unix domain sockets?
    >> >When I connect to it is the point. I want to set the permissions etc so
    >> > that only the progams that are supposed to be talking to it talk to it.
    >>
    >> How about setting the permissions beforehand?
    >
    >We're talking about fchown not fchmod. Obviously you can set "umask" so that
    >the appropriate permissions are on or off.

    Whoops. Well, you said "permissions" in the topmost quoted thing.
    Anyway, you could use ACLs to restrict connecting to a PF_UNIX
    socket on a per user/group basis.

    >I just thought it would be worth drawing attention to the fact that "fchown"
    >silently does nothing and the whole thing is not documented anywhere (even on
    >OSes which give an error code). It just seemed a gap worth plugging.

    Now the message is clear. Glibc info pages maintained by
    glibc-bugs@gnu.org (IIRC), man pages now maintained by (sorry forgot
    the addr, but take a look on LKML archive for this day).

    Jan Engelhardt
    --
    Gesellschaft für Wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung
    Am Fassberg, 37077 Göttingen, www.gwdg.de