SubjectRe: [Patch 1/5] xbox: add 'CONFIG_X86_XBOX' to kernel configuration
Date
If it does go into mainline. What's to stop the inclusion of other gaming
platforms into the kernel . Say for instance Playstation or Gamecube or some
other variant.

matt

On Saturday 09 October 2004 1:36 pm, Jan Dittmer wrote:
> Matt Heler wrote:
> > Why can't theese patches be maintained outside the kernel tree , as it is
> > now ?
> >
> > I'm strongly against this because the X-Box is a gaming platform and last
> > I heard ( and I could be wrong here ) is that you had to hack your X-Box
> > in order to load any other os then the one supplied with it. I just don't
> > see a justified reason why theese patches should be included into the
> > kernel.
>
> <TrollMode>
> Well, Altix is a server platform, last I heard I had to hack my credit
> card institute in order to get one.
> I suspect there are more people using xbox w/ linux than altix users.
> </TrollMode>
>
> Really, Linux already supports so many varieties of hardware used by
> only a small number of people. It's just convenient to have it in
> mainline and adapted when api changes.
>
> Jan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.087 / U:0.912 seconds]