SubjectRe: hang after resume with adb: starting probe task.
On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 08:58 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 04:14, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> > As of at least kernel version 2.6.9-rc2 I pretty often see the kernel
> > hang after returning from sleep mode hanging with the message "adb:
> > starting with probe task". This still happens with 2.6.9-rc3 but never
> > happened with 2.6.8.1.
>
> I doubt it has anything to do with ADB. The ADB probe is asynchronous,
> it's more something that is coming back at the same time that is
> crashing, maybe ethernet link, or USB... Can you try without anything
> plugged in ethernet if you had anything of course ? and with nothing
> in USB as well ?

Actually there was nothing plugged into the ethernet nor usb port. Could
it also be the airport failing ? I still use orinoco cvs, i.e. airport
0.15rc2HEAD, but that one also on 2.6.8.1.

I now have a more or less reliable way of making this pbook crash: put
it to sleep and wake it up as soon it is sleeping.

HTH
Soeren
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin