    SubjectRe: [openib-general] InfiniBand incompatible with the Linux kernel?
    Roland Dreier wrote:
    > As for IP, as far as I know, there has been no change to any of the
    > bylaws or other members agreements. If there is some specific
    > provision that concerns you, please bring it to our attention -- the
    > IBTA in general and the IBTA steering committee in general have been
    > very supportive of the OpenIB effort. In fact, most of the IBTA
    > steering commitee companies (Agilent, HP, IBM, InfiniCon, Intel,
    > Mellanox, Sun, Topspin, and Voltaire) have been active participants in
    > OpenIB development. I would hope we can resolve any issues relating
    > to open source and the Linux kernel.

    Read the member agreement :) It -explicitly- does -not- require waiving
    of patent claims related to any implementation of IB.

    That's different from ATA, SCSI, USB, the list goes on...

    Jeff

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:4.688 / U:0.112 seconds]