    SubjectRe: new dev model (was Re: Default cache_hot_time value back to 10ms)
    On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 11:39:58PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:

    > I agree - -mm breaks too often. You wouldn't believe the crap people throw
    > at me :(. But a lot of problems get fixed this way too.

    Mainline is suffering too - lots of people I know running 2.6 on production
    systems have noted a marked increase in problems, crashes, odd things.

    I'd bet you get a lot of people who'd vote for a timeout right now to figure
    out what's going wrong.

    There is the distinct impression that we are going down hill in this series.
    My personal feeling is that this trend started almost immediately after OLS.

    I can try to gather the general reports I hear from people - it might well
    be that we are not reporting the bugs properly. I'm sitting on a couple of
    odd things myself that need to be written up.

    -- Open source, database driven DNS Software Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.063 / U:14.876 seconds]