SubjectRe: KVM -> jumping mouse... still no solution?
On Wed, 6 Oct 2004, Anthony DiSante wrote:

> you don't move it, but if you move it N/E/NE it's really slow and jerky, and
> if you move it S/W/SW even a hair, it slams down to the SW corner of the
> screen and acts like you hit all the mouse's buttons 50 times simultaneously.

I've had similar problems with my mouse and KVM switch.

> The other day I came across this (kerneltrap.org/node/view/2199): "Use
> psmouse.proto=bare on the kernel command line, or proto=bare on the
> psmouse module command line." But that makes the mouse's scroll-wheel not
> work. (And this problem doesn't exist with some of the mouse drivers, but it
> does with IMPS/2, which is the only one I've ever been able to get the scroll
> wheel working with.)

psmouse.proto=imps solves the problem for me (wheel works as well).
The funny thing is that I don't need to do anything like this when I boot
a 2.4 kernel, only 2.6 kernels show this behaviour on my system.???

--
Jesper Juhl