    SubjectRe: Default cache_hot_time value back to 10ms
    Andrew Morton wrote:
    > Nick Piggin <> wrote:
    >>Any idea when 2.6.9 will be coming out?
    > Before -mm hits 1000 patches, I hope.
    > 2.6.8 wasn't really super-stable and our main tool for getting the quality
    > is to stretch the release times, give us time to shake things out. The
    > release time is largely driven by perceptions of current stability, bug
    > report rates, etc.
    > A current guess would be -rc4 later this week, 2.6.9 late next week. We'll
    > see.
    > One way of advancing that is to get down and work on bugs in current -linus
    > tree, yes?
    > If this still doesn't seem to be working out and if 2.6.9 isn't as good as
    > we'd like I'll consider shutting down -mm completely once we hit -rc2 so
    > people have nothing else to do apart from fix bugs in, and test -linus.
    > We'll see.

    OK thanks for the explanation.

    Any thoughts about making -rc's into -pre's, and doing real -rc's?
    It would have caught the NFS bug that made, and probably
    the cd burning problems... Or is Linus' patching finger just too

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.021 / U:9.812 seconds]