SubjectSolaris developer wants a Linux Mentor for drivers.

Kernel folks,

I am in the process of porting a Sun Solaris PCI bus driver
that I wrote over to a 2.4 kernel, and I could use a mentor
just to get me over the initial bumps.

I have a module that can be loaded, and detects my card, and
responds to ioctl() calls properly, so I'm moving right along,
but I do have some problems now.

1) If I "oops" in my module, I cannot unload it with:
# /sbin/rmmod sse
sse: Device or resource busy

I have only figured out that a reboot cleans things up again.

2) An example of using pci_ops read_dword() would be superb.

By the way, this development environment is really slick
compared to Solaris. When I "oops" in Solaris, the kernel
panics and I'm in for a messy fsck on the way back up. This
is a great improvement.

Thanks in advance for any help any of you may provide.

After this, there will be one more Linux PCI bus driver developer
in the world, and that can't be a bad thing.

-Alan

--
- Alan Kilian <kilian(at)timelogic.com>
Director of Bioinformatics, TimeLogic Corporation 763-449-7622