    SubjectRe: [Fwd: Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-mm1-V0.4]
    >my main suspicion is that either the main jackd thread itself calls the
    >kernel where the kernel (unexpectedly for jackd) schedules away for
    >whatever reason, or that the chain of wakeup in the audio path somehow
    >gets violated (i.e. a kernel problem). There's one quick thing we could

    the "max delay" measurement isn't a reflection of the runtime activity
    of jackd. its simply a measurement of the delay between when jackd
    expected to be next woken from poll and when it actually was.

    as you noted, jackd generally goes back to sleep in poll typically a
    long time before the next interrupt is expected. hence any delay in
    the wakeup is between the interrupt handler and the scheduler getting
    jackd's main thread back on the processor. i think.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.026 / U:29.848 seconds]