SubjectRe: BK kernel workflow
Date
On Fri October 29 2004 2:45 am, Larry McVoy wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 11:03:42PM +0200, Roman Zippel wrote:
> > [complaints about the awful horrible evil BK2CVS tool]
>
> You
> do not get to use BK metadata to do so either, those are also our rules.

The contents of the BK, ie the metadata is Free software, licensed under the
GPL. Therefore i don't understand .. Isn't this then a violation of the GPL ?

Isn't this something like M$ stating that you are the property of M$ because
you are using one of their systems. Worser still ? Do you mean to say M$ owns
all *.doc, *.xls files etc as an example... If so, then that is really
bad ..

> Free software, at least
> some of it, is no more than a copy.

sarcasm ? Even the linux kernel is free software ..
Isn't this is just like M$ marketing talk ?

> It's my claim that I value free software even *more* than you do. Why?

It's a contradiction, considering the earlier two statements.

I agree to the fact that BK has made Kernel development faster, which has
therefore helped.

I'm not a BK user. I download the tarballs, but the statements by Mr. Larry
has shaken me a bit.

As per the statements by Mr. Larry, what i understood is that the BK metadata
belongs to Mr. Larry legally as per the US rules and regulations.

Manu

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.143 / U:0.472 seconds]