SubjectRe: BK kernel workflow
From
Microsoft does own certains things in their business that people put their
data thru. That doesn't mean MS owns your word document. It means they own
parts of their technology that allow you to create that word document.

Why is this so hard for (some of) you people to understand?

The horse is dead - you can stop beating it now.

> On Fri October 29 2004 2:45 am, Larry McVoy wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 11:03:42PM +0200, Roman Zippel wrote:
>> > [complaints about the awful horrible evil BK2CVS tool]
>>
>> You
>> do not get to use BK metadata to do so either, those are also our rules.
>>

> The contents of the BK, ie the metadata is Free software, licensed under
> the
> GPL. Therefore i don't understand .. Isn't this then a violation of the
> GPL ?
>
> Isn't this something like M$ stating that you are the property of M$
> because
> you are using one of their systems. Worser still ? Do you mean to say M$
> owns
> all *.doc, *.xls files etc as an example... If so, then that is really
> bad ..
>
>> Free software, at least
>> some of it, is no more than a copy.
>>

> sarcasm ? Even the linux kernel is free software ..
> Isn't this is just like M$ marketing talk ?
>
>> It's my claim that I value free software even *more* than you do. Why?
>
> It's a contradiction, considering the earlier two statements.
>
> I agree to the fact that BK has made Kernel development faster, which has
> therefore helped.
>
> I'm not a BK user. I download the tarballs, but the statements by Mr.
> Larry
> has shaken me a bit.
>
> As per the statements by Mr. Larry, what i understood is that the BK
> metadata
> belongs to Mr. Larry legally as per the US rules and regulations.
>

> Manu
>>
> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.999 / U:0.068 seconds]