SubjectRe: [patch 2/7] uml: Build fix for TT w/o SKAS
Date
On Thursday 28 October 2004 21:29, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 08:49:42PM +0200, Blaisorblade wrote:
> > Drop that - the fix is in my tree currently, I'll forward it
> > soon. And the fix, instead of #ifdef'ing it out, adds the support
> > for using TT & SYSEMU.

> SKAS / SYSEMU are entirely uninteresting right now until the host OS
> support for these gets merged

Well, this is completely questionable. Even if SKAS3 will never be merged in
mainline on the host side, the SKAS3 support in UML has already been merged.
And I think SYSEMU will be much more welcome than those patches (in fact,
it's completely independent from the SKAS patch).

For an earlier discussion, see:

http://www.kerneltraffic.org/kernel-traffic/kt20030106_199.html#4

And even if SKAS3 will not be merged, SKAS4 will, and the current UML SKAS
code should need just a very few changes. While having the code in mainline
is important to get it fixed with API changes.

> i really don't think it's a good enough reason to hold other things up
> and i'd prefer to see the fixes go in as-is and further updates ontop
> of these

This would be generally right, but for now, please hold on until next -rc.
Sorry for the problem and thanks for the help!
--
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade
Linux registered user n. 292729