SubjectRe: 2.6.9bk6 msdos fs OOPS
Date
On Thursday 28 October 2004 07:14, Gene Heskett wrote:
>On Thursday 28 October 2004 05:23, OGAWA Hirofumi wrote:
>>Nigel Kukard <nkukard@lbsd.net> writes:
>>> OOPS is 100% reproducable. I boot into X, and run eog
>>> /mnt/camera/dcim/100cresi and BANG.
>>
>>This is known problem. Can you please try the following patch?
>>Then, please send debugging output.
>>
>>Thanks.
>
>This still applies cleanly to 2.6.10-rc1-bk6, so I'm building it to
>test also. I have an Olympus C-3020 that mounts as a vfat file
>system over usb. It has been somewhat of a problem if the card has
>quite a few pix on it, I must copy, and delete, from the bottom of
>the dirlisting else it goes read-only on me. When the build is
> done, I'll try mounting it to see if this also gives an Oops, then
> reboot and try again, and report the results.

After the reboot to a 2.6.10-rc1-bk6 plus your patch, its still fine,
and except for the usual references to /dev/sda1 in the log when I
turn it on or off, mounting it and scanning its directory doesn't
generate any additional log info. Was it supposed to?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.065 / U:0.188 seconds]