SubjectRe: BK kernel workflow
On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 22:58 +0200, Roman Zippel wrote:
> The complete development history of the Linux kernel is now effectly
> locked into the bk format, you can get a summary of it, but that's it.
> The data everyone put into a bk repository is now owned by BM and only if
> you abide to the rules set by BM, do you have the permission to extract
> some of the data again. You can completely forget the idea to one day
> import "your" data into a different SCM system.

Nonsense.

I believe these statements to be wrong.
I believe you might even know these statements are wrong.

It's sad really.

Subscribe to BK-KERNEL-COMMITS if you want to see every change
ever made and track them. Use the web tools, use the CVS.

Perhaps now you'll say something like because BK doesn't provide
a cross-reference tool for every email to LK that proposes some patch
that BK is stopping you from importing "your" data.

Write your own import tools.

Stop whining. Go write your own SCM.
BitBucket anyone? Lots of activity on SF.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.354 / U:0.020 seconds]