SubjectRe: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.9-mm1-V0
Ingo Molnar wrote:
> * K.R. Foley <kr@cybsft.com> wrote:
>

>>Several things in regard to V0.2:
>>
>>1) Interactive responsiveness seems to be noticably sluggish at times on
>>all three of the systems I have tested this on.
>>2) My 450MHz UP system is definitely the worst by far. Scrolling through
>>the syslog in a telnet session produces pauses every few seconds for
>>about a second, that is while it's still responding. These problems seem
>>to be network related, but there are no indications of what the problem
>>is. This system also at times will just stop responding to network requests.
>>3) Both of the SMP systems are lacking the snappy responsiveness in X
>>that I have become accustomed to with previous patches, but the 2.6GHz
>>Xeon (w/HT) is worse than the 933MHz Xeon. Again no indications of
>>problems in the logs.
>>4) Using amlat to run the RTC at 1kHz will kill any of these systems
>>very quickly.
>

> could you try this with -V0.3 too? I believe most of these problems
> should be solved.
>
> Ingo

OK the 450 (UP) dies before it gets out of the gate. From the tail end
of the Oops on the screen it looks to be related to the rtc also. Will
investigate further after I rest my eyes a bit.

kr

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:1.343 / U:0.424 seconds]