SubjectRe: Kernel 2.6.9 Page Allocation Failures w/TSO+rollup.patch
It does not cause any noticable problems that I know of, I guess it is
just a bit disturbing.

> Anyway, how often are you getting the messages?
It depends what I am doing, sometimes they happen after 20-30 minutes,
othertimes it takes a day or two.

> How many ethernet cards in the system?

There are 4 ethernet cards in the system.
1) 3c905b (on-board)
2) 3c905b (PCI)
3) 3c900 Combo (PCI)
4) Intel 82541GI/PI (PCI)

> Can you run a kernel with sysrq support, and do `SysRq+M`
> (close to when the allocation failure happens if possible, but
> otherwise on a normally running system after it has been up
> for a while). Then send in the dmesg.
Ok, I will try this.

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Nick Piggin wrote:

> Justin Piszcz wrote:
>> I guess people who get this should just stick with 2.6.8.1?
>>

> Does it cause any noticable problems? If not, then stay with
> 2.6.9.
>
> However, it would be nice to get to the bottom of it. It might
> just be happening by chance on 2.6.9 but not 2.6.8.1 though...
>
> Anyway, how often are you getting the messages? How many
> ethernet cards in the system?
>
> Can you run a kernel with sysrq support, and do `SysRq+M`
> (close to when the allocation failure happens if possible, but
> otherwise on a normally running system after it has been up
> for a while). Then send in the dmesg.
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:1.575 / U:0.120 seconds]