    Subjectreaddir loses renamed files
    I'd have thought this had already been asked many times before, but
    google didn't show me anything.

    My problem is that mails in a large maildir get temporarily lost. This
    happens because readdir() never returns a file which was just rename()d
    by another process. Either new or the old name would have been fine,
    but it's not returned at all.

    Is there a chance this could get fixed? Every OS/filesystem I've tested
    so far has had the same problem, so I'll have to implement some extra
    locking anyway (so much for maildir being lockless), but it would be
    nice to have at least one OS where it works without the extra locking

    I have a test program if someone wants to try it:

    (and please Cc replies)
      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.022 / U:41.124 seconds]