SubjectRe: How is user space notified of CPU speed changes?
On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 01:10 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:

> OK, thanks. Still no answer to my original question though.
> JACK makes extensive use of microsecond-level timers. These must be
> calibrated at startup, and recalibrated when the CPU speed changes. How
> does JACK register with the kernel to be notified when the CPU speed
> changes?

Ignoring all of these meta-issues like whether or not JACK actually
should be checking the CPU speed: Yes, I think that doing a kevent tied
to the processor object when the speed changes is an absolutely ideal
use of the kernel event layer.

HAL would use it, too.

Robert Love