    SubjectRe: The naming wars continue...
    Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > More importantly, maybe we could all realize that it isn't actually that
    > big of an issue ;)
    >
    > Linus

    Linus I agree it isn't a huge issue. The main thing for me is that
    I could just give a _real_ release candidate more testing - run it
    through some regression tests, make sure it functions OK on all my
    computers, etc. I expect this would be helpful for people with large
    sets of regression tests, and maybe those maintaining 'other'
    architectures too.

    I understand there's always "one more" patch to go in, but now that
    we're doing this stable-development system, I think a week or two
    weeks or even three weeks to stabalize the release with only
    really-real-bugfixes can't be such a bad thing.

    2.6.x-rc (rc for Ridiculous Count) can then be our development
    releases, and 2.6.x-rc (rc for Release Candidate) are then closer
    to stable releases (in terms of getting patches in).

    Optionally, you could change Ridiculous Count to PRErelease to avoid
    confusion :)

    Other than that I don't have much to complain about... so keep up the
    good work!

    Nick

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.019 / U:3.760 seconds]