    Subject2.6.9-mm1: LVM stopped working

    Well, I gave a try to last -mm tree. The bot seemed good till it got to
    LVM stuff. Vgchange does not find any volume groups. I can't say much because
    lvm is pretty "early stuff" on this box; so it is pretty unusable. All I know
    for now, as I changed a little my boot scripts to be more verbose, is that
    vgchange -avvv y returns this kind of message:
    hdXN: cannot read LABEL
    and this message for all parts it can test....
    As I need this box up and running, I came back to 2.6.9-rc3-mm3 (it works
    pretty well). I will be able to run more tests on it, tomorrow but for now
    that's all I can provide.
    Oh and dmesg didn't have any oops or BUG in it, and seemed quite usual,
    in IDE detection and settings messages and device-mapper messages.

    However, I use dm-crypt to encrypt my / (no initrd, just initramfs) and
    it works under 2.6.9-mm1, so the bug is likely to be in IDE stuff.

    Sorry, for not being able to provide more infos. I will see if I can try on
    another LVM'ed box but not for critical stuff.

    Mathieu

    --
    Lots of luck ... please pass your crack pipe arounds so the rest of us
    idiots can see your vision or lack of ...

    - Andre Hedrick on linux-kernel