[lkml]   [2004]   [Oct]   [23]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
Messages in this thread
    Subject2.6.9-mm1: LVM stopped working

    Well, I gave a try to last -mm tree. The bot seemed good till it got to
    LVM stuff. Vgchange does not find any volume groups. I can't say much because
    lvm is pretty "early stuff" on this box; so it is pretty unusable. All I know
    for now, as I changed a little my boot scripts to be more verbose, is that
    vgchange -avvv y returns this kind of message:
    hdXN: cannot read LABEL
    and this message for all parts it can test....
    As I need this box up and running, I came back to 2.6.9-rc3-mm3 (it works
    pretty well). I will be able to run more tests on it, tomorrow but for now
    that's all I can provide.

    Oh and dmesg didn't have any oops or BUG in it, and seemed quite usual,
    in IDE detection and settings messages and device-mapper messages.

    However, I use dm-crypt to encrypt my / (no initrd, just initramfs) and
    it works under 2.6.9-mm1, so the bug is likely to be in IDE stuff.

    Sorry, for not being able to provide more infos. I will see if I can try on
    another LVM'ed box but not for critical stuff.


    Lots of luck ... please pass your crack pipe arounds so the rest of us
    idiots can see your vision or lack of ...

    - Andre Hedrick on linux-kernel

    To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
    the body of a message to
    More majordomo info at
    Please read the FAQ at

     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:07    [W:0.034 / U:0.240 seconds]
    ©2003-2016 Jasper Spaans. hosted at Digital OceanAdvertise on this site