    SubjectRe: bkbits - "@" question
    On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 09:26:39PM -0700, Larry McVoy wrote:

    > The web pages on bkbits.net contain email addresses. This is probably
    > about a 4 year too late question but would it help reduce spam if we
    > did something like s/@/ (at) / for all those addresses?

    Assuming all people who have contributed to the Linux kernel also used
    their email address at least once to mail to linux-kernel, it wouldn't
    gain much.

    I had a new email address, mailed to lnux-kernel, and less than 24 hours
    later the first spam mails arrived at this address.

    And the spammers aren't dumb. These @-replacements are that commen that
    I'd be surprised if they still have a significant effect.

    > What are all of you doing to filter spam?

    500 Spams/day
    Bogofilter catches > 95%

    cu
    Adrian